Union WG25 • (414) 229-4000; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commuter student parking and residential parking is available at parking garages around campus. Monthly fees vary.
- Students living in the Sandburg Residence Halls may purchase semester-long reserved parking in the Sandburg garage.
- There are a limited number of reserved parking spaces available for residents in Cambridge Commons and RiverView on a semester-long basis. Monthly parking is available at Kenilworth.
- The most up-to-date rate information is available online.
With Mobile Pay, customers can use their mobile phones to pay for parking, extend their parking session remotely, receive notifications before their parking sessions expire, as well as view and print their receipts online. Parking customers with any type of mobile phone will have the ability to seamlessly start a parking session, whether it’s by app, mobile website, phone call, or text.
There are over 20 garages and lots on campus with rates varying from $1.00 to $3.00 per hour. The pay stations will accept bills, coins, Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express.
This is a satellite parking lot at Capitol/Humboldt and a shuttle bus system developed to address the parking needs of commuting students. The cost is part of student segregated fees, so there is no additional charge when it is used by students. On-campus parking is extremely limited, and parking on the streets surrounding UWM is also difficult. This location provides free parking and a free bus ride to campus– you just need to register your vehicles online and have a campus ID.
Public Transportation and Campus Shuttle Information
B.O.S.S. is a late-night safe ride service available to UWM students. It operates every day between the hours of 6 pm and 2 am during the traditional academic calendar and 7 pm-midnight during UWinteriM and summer. Students may get a ride within approximately a two-mile radius from campus. To schedule a ride, either download the free app TapRide, call (414) 229-6503, or use the walk-up window in the Student Union. Using TapRide, you can view the vehicle on a map and receive a notification once it has arrived. B.O.S.S. is funded through segregated fees, so there are no additional charges to use the service. See uwm.edu/transportation/boss/ for more information.
Union WG25 • (414) 229-6503
The Prowl Line is a shuttle that provides direct transportation from residence halls and the Capitol and Humboldt (UPARK) Lot to the main campus. To use the service, riders need to present their PantherCard to a scanner for the driver. Guests of UWM Housing residents may accompany a UWM student and must present photo identification to the driver. See uwm.edu/transportation/prowlline/ for more information.
It’s a semester-long bus pass that can be used on any MCTS bus route. The cost is part of student segregated fees, so there is no additional charge when it is used. A valid student ID is required each time the card is used. The UPASS can be used to travel for any purpose and to any route destination. It’s good at any time on any day, including weekends and holidays. See uwm.edu/transportation/upass/ for more information.
- Go Riteway – Transportation to General Mitchell Airport (800) 236-5450
- Amtrak – Milwaukee depot (414) 271-9034
- Badger Bus (Madison) – Milwaukee depot (414) 276-7490
- Coach USA (Chicago, Midway/O’Hare Airport, Minneapolis & WI cities) – (800) 747-7407
- General Mitchell International Airport – (414) 747-5300
- Greyhound Bus – (800) 231-2222
- Lake Express (Michigan) – (866) 914-1010
- Mega Bus (Chicago & Minneapolis) – (877) 462-6342