Spring ’22 Greetings From The Writing Center!
The UWM Writing Center is ready to support UWM students, faculty and staff in person and synchronously online this spring.
Whether a writer is working on a short-term assignment, a long-term project, or a ‘personal’ document such as a resume, job application, or personal essay, the center is available to help.
- Writers can easily make their own 30- or 60-min appointments online
- Walk-ins are welcome in Curtin 127. Stop in during on-site hours to see if a tutor is available. (Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. ; Friday 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Synchronous online tutoring with a/v or texting options is available during all open hours–even last minute–including evenings and weekends.
- Those in need of assistance can also schedule a brief in-person or virtual orientation for small or large groups at any time.
- As we always say….every writer needs a reader.
A one-on-one, confidential conversation with a well-qualified tutor in a welcoming and impartial atmosphere can benefit any writer, no matter the task, discipline, or skill level. In fact, nearly 50 percent of writers who visit are advanced undergrads, grad students, faculty, and staff from across schools and majors.
Story posted March 7, 2022