Schedule Changes Coming To University Housing Shuttle System
Effective January 4, 2016, the following changes will be made to University Housing Shuttle System:
The new system will feature 26-passenger ADA-accessible shuttle buses during all hours of operation, but will be supplemented by high-capacity buses during the “Peak Hours” indicated below.
Hours of Operation (effective January 25, 2016):
|Day(s)||Hours of Operation||Capitol/Humboldt Hours||Peak Hours|
|1. Capitol & Humboldt U-Park Lot*||1. RiverView Residence Hall*|
|2. Cunningham Hall||2. Cambridge Commons (SW Corner)|
|3. Golda Meir Library||3. Kenilworth Square Apartments|
|4. Kenilworth Square Apartments||4. UWM Student Union|
|5. Cambridge Commons||5. Sandburg Residence Hall|
|6. RiverView Residence Hall||6. Capitol & Humboldt U-Park Lot|
|* = indicates a scheduled layover|
Expected Impact: University Housing Residents
- Residents of Kenilworth Square Apartments will see more frequent shuttle service, as it is now a stop on both Southbound and Northbound routes.
- Residents of Cambridge Commons will have the option of boarding a northbound bus on the SW corner of Cambridge & North, rather than riding first to RiverView. This should give residents a more consistent time estimation for trips to the Kenwood Campus.
- Residents of RiverView should encounter fewer issues with having to wait for multiple buses to accommodate all students waiting. The new route should allow for an empty bus to start being filled at RiverView, before proceeding to Cambridge and Kenilworth, and then heading north to Kenwood Campus.
- All residents heading south from Kenwood Campus should keep in mind that most U-Park riders disembark at the Cunningham Hall or Golda Meir Library stops. This means that the most reliable stop for boarding to South Campus will be the Golda Meir Library stop.
Expected Impact: U-Park Commuters
- Commuters using the Capitol/Humboldt U-Park lot will see shuttles arriving/departing on a more frequent basis. Commuters heading North from Kenwood Campus should keep in mind that most residential students disembark at the UWM Student Union and Sandburg stops. This means that the most reliable stop for boarding to the U-Park lot will be the Sandburg stop.