Nominate Students For Upcoming Leadership Programs
Please take a moment and nominate your students for one of the upcoming Leadership Programs.
We are excited to begin connecting with students through several leadership development opportunities happening this fall.
Nominations make an enormous difference in encouraging student participation, particularly for students who might not self-identify with the word “leader” until someone else provides that shoulder-tap.
Strengths for Students Coaching
- Students will explore what their greatest talents are, and how to develop and apply their strengths towards their future goals.
- Best for: Any student interested in exploring their strengths. Great for graduate students too!
- 90 minute small group coaching session utilizing students’ Clifton StrengthsFinder results.
- Learn more here: www.bit.ly/uwmstrengths
Meals with Meaning
- Students will connect with Milwaukee leaders and discuss issues facing our community while enjoying a meal together.
- Best for: Any student looking to learn from and make connections with community leaders
- One hour small group session.
- Learn more here: www.bit.ly/uwmmealswithmeaning
Ignite Leadership Institute
- Students will connect how their values and life experiences play a role in leading others and learn transferable skills to apply on-campus and beyond.
- Best for: New leaders looking to grow in their understanding of leadership and find community with other leaders. Geared towards undergraduate students.
- Six-week leadership exploration program, 90 minutes/week, in person. One Ignite Cluster will be offered virtually via Microsoft Teams. Students select the session time that fits their schedule.
- Students are matched with an Ignite Cluster led by Ignite Coaches, one professional staff member and one peer leader.
- Learn more here: www.bit.ly/uwmignite
From College to Career, Transitioning Your UWM Experience
- This program will help graduating seniors develop their own philosophy of leadership and frame their college experiences in a way that is valuable to potential employers or graduate schools.
- Best for: Students graduating in December 2021 or May 2022.
- Six-week program, offered fall semester.
- Learn more here: www.bit.ly/uwmcollegetocareer
Leadership Springboard (Spring)
- Students will form a better understanding of their leadership style and how it will be valuable to their future, gain access to resources to better understand themselves, their vision, and how to make the most of their remaining years on campus, build relationships with other students, create a plan for their next few years, and make connections with staff who will help them to stay on track.
- Best for: Second year and new transfer students.
- Six-week, cohort-based program for second year and transfer students, offered in the spring semester, with a fall application deadline.
- Learn more here: www.bit.ly/uwmleadershipspringboard
Lead the Change (Spring)
- Students will develop skills related to being an agent of change in our community.
- Best for: Students interested in social justice and creating change.
- Six-week leadership certificate focused on social justice leadership and creating social change.
- Learn more here: www.bit.ly/uwmleadthechange
You can nominate students for any of the programs listed above utilizing our nomination form, available here, or simply email us an excel file with your student’s name, email, and program you’d like to nominate them for.
For information more on each of our leadership programs, visit: www.bit.ly/leadershipprograms
Story published Sept. 24, 2021