Life Impact Program Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
The Life Impact Program is accepting applications for the 2019-20 academic year. An undetermined amount of scholars will be selected to join the program based on available funding.
If applicants experience any trouble with the Life Impact website they are encouraged to call the office directly at 414-229-6626.
Fall 2019 Application Deadline: April 26, 2019
Amount of Award: Estimated $3,000 per academic year when enrolled full-time
To be considered for and accepted to the Life Impact Program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Parent with a dependent child or children.
- Accepted for admission as a first-time freshman or new undergraduate transfer student for the 2019-2020 academic year OR a continuing UWM undergraduate student eligible to register for the Fall 2019 term.
- Demonstrated financial need. Filing of 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required if not already completed. Students eligible for the Federal Pell grant will be given priority consideration. The FAFSA application is available on-line at fafsa.gov.*
Program preferences include:
- Preference for single parents
- Preference to applicants with a current undergraduate GPA or high school GPA of 2.50 or better
- Preference to students pursuing a first Bachelor’s degree
- Preference to full-time students
- Preference for students who have at least two semesters remaining at UWM before completing their undergraduate degree
*You may simultaneously apply to the Life Impact Program while you are applying for admission to UWM and filing your FAFSA. Your application to Life Impact may not be considered if you fail to complete either processes in a timely fashion.
|All applications must be received no later than:||You will be notified of your program status by:||If selected, you would begin in the program by:|
|Fall 2019||April 26th, 2019||July 1st, 2019||August 21st, 2019|
|Spring 2020||December 6th, 2019||January 13th, 2020||January 21st, 2020|
Applications are accepted year-round. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply early due to the selectivity of the Life Impact Program and limited number of available awards.
- Finalists may be invited to a personal interview.
- All applicants will be notified of their status by mail.
- Applications can be submitted via mail, fax, email, or in person. Please refer to page 4 of application for details.