Go Bag Essentials – Preparing For Quarantine Or Isolation
UWM’s University Housing has prepared a “Go Bag Essentials” list for students to reference should they be required to quarantine or isolate because of COVID-19 positive tests or contact tracing.
This information has been regularly shared with students but families can also assist by making sure their students are prepared should they have to relocate to a different room or building within University Housing.
The “Go Bag Essentials” list includes the following items:
- Important papers (your I.D., insurance information, important phone numbers)
- Prescription medications
- Non-prescription medications (pain relievers, fever reducers)
- Cold/flu helpers (tissues, cough drops, menthol chest ointment, thermometer)
- Nonperishable snacks, microwaveable meals, & bottled water/sports drinks
- Dishes and utensils for eating microwaveable meals
- Hand soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes for surfaces
- Cloth face coverings
- Electronic devices, charging equipment, etc.
- Multiple changes of clothing/sleep apparel
- Bath and hand towels, washcloths
- An extra blanket
- Toiletries (deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, soap/body wash, body lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- Prescription eyeglasses and/or contact lens solution
- Personal hygiene and menstrual items
- Paper or notebook and pen/pencil
- Books, games, puzzles or other activities
- Academics (reading, assignments, etc.)
Story posted Sept. 21, 2020