Cybersecurity Best Practices
It has never been more important to ensure your personal information stays safe and secure online. Educating yourself on the topic of cybersecurity helps keep scammers at bay and can greatly decrease the likelihood of your personal information becoming compromised. Look through the following information to learn how to secure your personal data!
- Passphrases are the new password! Make sure your credentials are ironclad by using the maximum amount of characters, plenty of numbers & special characters, and never use the same passphrase twice.
- Self Service Password changes make it easy to stay in control of your accounts at UWM! Forget how to reset your password? Visit our KnowledgeBase article!
- Phishing attacks use emails or malicious websites to solicit personal information by posing as a trustworthy organization or figure in order to commit fraud.
- It’s important to know how to spot them- watch our phishing YouTube video to learn how to stop scammers in their tracks.
- With Microsoft MFA at UWM, you use something you know (your password) combined with something you have (your device) to confirm your identity.
- To ensure you always have access to essential UWM services, make sure you have at least two methods of authentication enabled on your account! Visit our website to learn more about Multi-Factor Authentication at UWM.