Ask Keri: Getting A 1098-T Form
How do I or my student go about getting a copy of my student’s 1098-T form from UWM?
Your 1098-T form includes the total dollar amount of qualified tuition less remission billed to you in a calendar year. It may help you determine your eligibility for certain education tax credits.
Obtaining a 1098-T form is a straightforward process and UWM’s One Stop Student Services has instructions for students.
- Look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org between January 1–31 (this email probably went to your students @uwm.edu address)
- The email will include a Certificate Number and a link to the GetMyDocument.com verification page
- Copy and paste your Certificate Number into the page, verifying your information is correct
- The Document Inbox will include the current 1098-T
- Previous years will be in the Archived folder
- Click the document link to view and print a PDF file
To view or print your previous 1098-T forms any other time throughout the year, go to GetMyDocument.com and request a Certificate.