Ask Keri: Getting A 1098-T Form

Ask Keri: Getting A 1098-T Form

How do I or my student go about getting a copy of my student’s 1098-T form from UWM?

It’s tax season and getting a tuition statement and other financial documents is important before filing your taxes.

Your 1098-T form includes the total dollar amount of qualified tuition less remission billed to you in a calendar year. It may help you determine your eligibility for certain education tax credits.

Obtaining a 1098-T form is a straightforward process and UWM’s One Stop Student Services has instructions for students.

If you or your student have questions you can contact the Cashier’s Office at or 414-229-4601.

Published Jan. 15, 2020