2017-2018 Financial Aid Application Now Available
As the leaves are changing, the FAFSA’s availability date is changing too!
Beginning with the 2017-18 school year, you’ll be able to file your FAFSA as early as October 1. The 2017-18 school year includes the following semesters: Fall ’17, Spring ’18, and Summer ’18.
Another big change, the FAFSA will be based on your 2015 federal tax information—the same information you used if you filed a 2016-17 FAFSA.
Here is what you need to know about filing your FAFSA for 2017-18:
- File your 2017-18 FAFSA online at gov on or after October 1, 2016
- Some financial aid programs have limited funds, so apply early.
- Be sure to include UWM’s school code: 003896
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer tax information
- If you are unable to use the IRS DRT, make sure to use your 2015 federal tax information
This process is brand new to us in Financial Aid, too, so we will be sure to pass on updates as we have them. Visit our financial aid webpage, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for updates, too.
Department of Financial Aid, Student Employment, and Military Education Benefits
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
PO Box 469
2442 E. Kenwood Blvd, Mellencamp Hall Room 162
Milwaukee, WI 53201