10 Things Your Student Should Do Before The Semester Ends
With only eight weeks left in the semester, here is a list of things your student should check-off before summer break.
- Study, study, study. It’s time to make the final academic push during arguably the most difficult time of the year, spring. Who doesn’t love the winter thaw, blooming flowers and crashing waves along Lake Michigan, but it can be a distraction from the classroom.
- Calculate their GPA in case they need to request extra credit (at the professor’s discretion of course).
- Look for a summer job or internship with the help of the Career Planning and Resource Center.
- Visit Bradford Beach to enjoy the nicer weather. Students can also check out upcoming events on the Visit Milwaukee event calendar (http://www.visitmilwaukee.org/events).
- Finish their FAFSA (if they haven’t already).
- See their Academic Advisor (if they haven’t already). The deadline to withdraw from classes is March 25 and registration for Fall begins April 18. All holds must be cleared before students can enroll.
- Take part in the Global Youth Service Day offered by the Center for Community-Based Learning, Leadership and Research on Saturday, April 16.
- Join a student organization or run for a leadership position to boost their resume and networking abilities.
- Use their UPASS to get to Miller Park for a Friday college student night Brewers game (discounted tickets and concessions with a student ID).
- Visit the UWM Planetarium for the A Night Under the Caribbean Sky show.