To Transfer to UWM from another university
If an F1 visa student wishes to transfer to the Intensive English Program at UWM from another program, that student must complete all five application steps and submit the UWM ELA Transfer Request Form. Part I of this form must be completed by the student, Part II must be completed by an advisor at the old school.
- If you have not already done so in the online application, please also provide your home country address and your U.S. mailing address.
The student is responsible for sending their UWM welcome letter to their old school and completing any transfer steps that school requires. Once the old school transfers the student’s SEVIS record to UWM (new school), ELA can issue an I-20.
To Transfer from UWM to another university without attending a full session
If a student transfers out of the program before attending classes that student must complete the following steps:
- Email us at email@example.com and notify us of their intention to exit the program
- Provide home address in the United States
- Submit a welcome letter from the new school
- Pay the $300 transfer fee
Students have 30 days from entering the United States to transfer to a new school and begin classes.
“The ESL program provides me many creative and interesting courses. Here, not only can I improve my English ability but I can also know more about American culture and society.”