- This event has passed.
Community Building Workshop
February 24, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Community building is a powerful method for change that enhances intrapersonal and interpersonal skills – such as the ability to listen deeply, to express ideas and emotions openly and to be fully present to self and others.
In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- Community building skills
- Communication skills
- How to develop a diverse, inclusive campus culture
- How to promote acceptance.
This workshop is co-sponsored by the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, the Community Building Institute and the UWM Counseling Student Organization at UW-Milwaukee.
This workshop is free and open to community members, all graduate students and upper-level undergraduates. Workshop in conjunction with Social Work 591 and 791.
The workshop runs over three days:
- Friday, Feb. 24 – Enderis Hall Room 109 (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Saturday, Feb. 25 – Enderis Hall Room 110 (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Sunday, Feb. 26 – Enderis Hall Room 110 (8 a.m. – noon)
Register at the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare webpage.