Scholars for the Good Land
July 22-30, 2023
A FREE educational program for Indigenous high-school students interested in health, science, education, and American Indian culture. Throughout the camp, we will learn about various majors offered at UW-Milwaukee by engaging in hands-on activities and build our tool-box for college success.
Students should be entering sophomore year or higher of high school and maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher. We will make exceptions to those guidelines, as space allows. Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis due to the limited number of slots of students.
Each day students will…
- Stay in the UWM dorms (room and board provided)
- Meet with camp leaders
- Participate in short classes or activities
This year’s activities may include:
- UW-Milwaukee campus tour
- DNA extraction and typing
- Cruise on the Freshwater Sciences boat
- Visit an Engineering lab
- Water testing and density labs
- Learn about research studies
- Stargaze at the UWM Planetarium
- Tool-box kits for college success
- Baseball game, kayak trip, and/or trip to one of Milwaukee’s museums
- Cultural activities and more!
If you have any questions or would like more information please send an email to Angela Mesic.
If you are a college student interested in being a Scholars for the Good Land MENTOR, please visit https://uwm.edu/eqi/scholars-for-the-good-land-mentor/
To apply as a 2023 Scholars of the Good Land PARTICIPANT, apply below: