Faculty Research Affiliates
The Electa Quinney Institute works with university faculty to meet shared goals related to American Indian Education. We support our Faculty Affiliates by assisting with research design; reaching out to partners in the American Indian community; identifying, applying for and managing grants; and providing space to meet and work as needed. These professors work with the Electa Quinney Institute while maintaining ties to their home departments within the university.
We currently work with the following Faculty Research Affiliates from UW-Milwaukee:
- Kim Blaeser, PhD, Professor, Dept. of English, WI Poet Laureate, 2015 to 2017
- Chris Cornelius, Associate Professor, Architecture, School of Architecture and Urban Planning
- Sandra Grayson, PhD, Professor, Dept. of English
- Bernard Perley, PhD, Associate Professor, Dept. of Anthropology, College of Letters and Science, UWM
- Marie Sandy, PhD, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Educational Policy & Community Studies
- Gary Williams, PhD, Associate Professor, Educational Policy & Community Studies; Director, Institute for Intercultural Research
If you are interested in partnering with the institute or becoming a Faculty Research Affiliate, please contact us.