Students who are interested in preparing for the IELTS exam have the option to take an online course through the English Language Academy at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Students can be current Intensive English Program students or anyone not in our IEP program. Both classes will use authentic materials from previous IELTS exams to help students prepare for and build strategies for the exam.
Each class is 8 weeks, and students can take either one class or both classes, depending on the skills they wish to improve. The cost of enrolling in one 8 week class is $500.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2019
Start of Classes: June 4, 2019
How to apply
1. Complete this registration form.
2. Pay $500 for each class you are enrolled in on your PAWS account OR by wire transfer by the first day of classes.
How to Make a Payment
Electronic Wire Transfer (Bank to Bank)
(Note: Sender’s bank may charge a service fee.)
|UWM Receiving Bank|
|Bank Name||US Bank|
|Bank Address||777 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
|Bank Routing Number||075000022|
|UWM Account Number||112801427|
|Reference or Payment Purpose||Student name and ID|
*To ensure that your wire transfer is credited towards your UWM tuition please send firstname.lastname@example.org a scan of your transaction as soon as it is wired.
Tution charges may be paid online through your PAWS account. WebCheck, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards are accepted on PAWS. Each PAWS online credit card transaction will be assessed a 2.5% convenience fee. No convenience fees are charged for webCheck payments made on PAWS. No convenience fees are charged for payments mailed to the Bursar Office or in-person payments made in the Cashier’s Office.
*If paying through PAWS, you must ensure that your browser’s language is set to English.
Please note: Credit card payments are only accepted online through PAWS. The Cashier’s Office does not accept credit card payments.
*This information was obtained from the Bursars Office Website
- Log into PAWS.
- Click on the “Make a Payment” link below the Account Summary.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay and select Next.
- Select the payment method you wish to use from the drop down and select Next. Credit card and electronic check are to two options. Credit cards will be charged a 2.5% convenience fee and only MasterCard and American Express are accepted.
- Confirm the Payment Amount and select Continue to Make Payment. The payment will be collected through a secure third party payment which is where you will now be redirected.
- Enter all of your payment details and select Continue. Do not enter a check number if you are using the electronic check option. This may lead to a $20.00 returned check fee that will appear on your PAWS account.
- (Credit card transactions skip this step) Review your transaction details for accuracy. You can change the information by clicking on Change. If all the information is correct select Agree & Continue.
- If the information presented on this page is correct select Submit.
- Your Confirmation Details are presented here.
The above information can also be found at http://www4.uwm.edu/bfs/depts/bursar/payment-on-paws.cfm
Partial refunds will be given within the first week of class if you choose to drop a class. No refunds will be given after the first week of class. If you questions about the refund policy, contact our Financial Specialist Jody Forbeck at email@example.com.