TRANSPORTATION: Responding to Emerging Transportation Needs & Developments through Industry/Government/University Partnerships
Sponsored by UWM Institute for Physical Infrastructure & Transportation (IPIT)
The panelists will discuss:
- Planning, design, construction, and operation of roads and highways in 10-25 years,
- Cost implications implication as infrastructure responsibilities shift among levels of government, geographic regions, and the private sector,
- The effect of new technologies on the cost of travel for ordinary travelers and industry,
- The most significant regional transportation issues and opportunities relative to transportation infrastructure systems, and
- Steps to be taken to make industry/government/university collaboration more effective.