- Assistant Visiting Professor, Computer Science
Prior to her work at UWM, Dr. Yavary Mehr was the network administrator of Ministry of Road and Transportation, Iran, Tehran from 1999 to 2007. At Ministry, she was instrumental in initializing and leading the networking operations and was responsible for design, development, consulting, and training services in different network technologies, and initializing of central network servers such as DHCP, ISA and DNS, and Active Directory.
- PhD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2022
- Master of Electrical Engineering, University of Tehran, 2006
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, University of Tehran, 1998
- Computer networks and software-defined networks,
- Network functions virtualization, cloud-native infrastructure
- AI/ML applications to networking and network security
- Optical network
- Datamining on Big Data
Presentations and Publications
- S. Yavary Mehr, B. Ramamurthy. ” Protection Techniques using Resource Delayed Release for SDN-based OTN over WDM Networks - ScienceDirect”, Optical Switching and Networking, (OSN) Journal, September 2023.
- S. Yavary Mehr, B. Ramamurthy. ”Hierarchical Classic Controllers (HCC) with an Enhanced SVM Method for DDoS Attack Detection in SDN | IEEE Conference Publication | IEEE Xplore”, Best paper award, Proceedings of the 16th international conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunications Systems, IEEE ANTS. IEEE, 2022.
- S. Yavary Mehr,B. Ramamurthy, Y. Zhou, B. Guo, S. Huang”Performance of resource delayed release strategy in software-defined OTN over WDM networks for uniform and non-uniform traffic””, Optical Switching and Networking, (OSN) Journal, accepted.
- S. Yavary Mehr, B. Ramamurthy, ”Protection Techniques For Wavelength Division Multiplexing Networks using Resource Delayed Release Strategy”, 2021 International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN)IEEE, 2021.
- S. Yavary Mehr, B. Ramamurthy. ”An SVM Based DDoS Attack Detection Method for Ryu SDN Controller”, Best poster award, Proceedings of the 15th international conference on emerging networking experiments and technologies, IEEE ACM CoNext, International Conference on. IEEE, 2019.
- S. Yavary Mehr, B. Ramamurthy, “A machine learning (ANN) approach for Failure Prediction in SDN over WDM Networks“; Nebraska Academy of Sciences, April 2020.
- S. Yavary Mehr, B. Ramamurthy, “Dynamic Service Provisioning Of Non-Uniform Traffic In SDN Enabled OTN Over WDM Networks” ; Nebraska Academy of Sciences, April 2021
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the 2022 IEEE Advance Network Telecommunication System (ANTS) best paper award
- Recipient of the 2019 IEEE ACM CoNEXT 2019 best poster award
- Fellow of the Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) program at UNL
- Education Excellence Award in 2019, 2020 and 2022 as a distinguished teaching assistant at UNL
- Member of IEEE
- Member of IEEE Communication Society
- Served on the technical program committee of IEEE INFOCOM