- Assistant Visiting Professor, Computer Science
Prior to her work at UWM, Dr. Yavary Mehr was the network administrator of Ministry of Road and Transportation, Iran, Tehran from 1999 to 2007. At Ministry, she was instrumental in initializing and leading the networking operations and was responsible for design, development, consulting, and training services in different network technologies, and initializing of central network servers such as DHCP, ISA and DNS, and Active Directory.
- PhD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2022
- Master of Electrical Engineering, University of Tehran, 2006
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, University of Tehran, 1998
- Computer networks and software-defined networks,
- Network functions virtualization, cloud-native infrastructure
- AI/ML applications to networking and network security
- Optical network
- Datamining on Big Data
Presentations and Publications
- Presented “Performance Analysis of POX, RYU and Floodlight Controller over SDN Using Mininet Emulator and GENI Simulation “; Nebraska Academy of Sciences, April 2019.
- Presented “An SVM Based DDoS Attack Detection Method for Ryu SDN Controller”; coNEXT2019 – The 15th International Conference emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies. Orlando, Florida, December 9-12, 2019 (Best post award)
- Presented “A machine learning (ANN) approach for Failure Prediction in SDN over WDM Networks“; Nebraska Academy of Sciences, April 2020.
- Presented “Dynamic Service Provisioning Of Non-Uniform Traffic In SDN Enabled OTN Over WDM Networks” ; Nebraska Academy of Sciences, April 2021
- Presented “Protection Techniques For Wavelength Division Multiplexing Networks using Resource Delayed Release Strategy “; ICCCN2021- The 30th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN 2021). July 19 - 22, 2021, Athens, Greece.
- Published “Performance of resource delayed release strategy in software-defined OTN over WDM networks for uniform and non-uniform traffic” on Optical Switching and Networking, Available online 17 December 2021, 100663.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the 2019 IEEE ACM CoNEXT 2019 best poster award
- Fellow of the Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) program at UNL
- Education Excellence Award in 2019, 2020 and 2022 as a distinguished teaching assistant at UNL
- Member of IEEE
- Member of IEEE Communication Society
- Served on the technical program committee of IEEE INFOCOM