Qian Liao, Ph.D.
Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University, 2004
- M.S., Urban and Environmental Science, Peking University, China, 1999
- B.S., Hydraulic and Hydropower Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 1996
- Environmental fluid mechanics.
- Quantitative imaging based flow measurement techniques.
- Turbulent dispersion and mixing.
- Fate and transport of chemical and biological constituents in environmental flows.
- Lake circulation and dynamics.
- Sediment transport.
- Numerical simulation of environmental flows.
- Liao, Q., Cowen, E. A. (2005) "An efficient anti-aliasing spectral continuous window shifting technique for PIV". Experiments in Fluids , vol. 38, no. 2, pp.197-208.
- Liao, Q., Cowen, E. A. (2002) "The information content of a scalar plume -- a plume tracing perspective". Environmental Fluid Mechanics, vol.2., no. 1-2., pp.9-34.
- Cowen, E.A., Chang, K.-A., Liao, Q. (2001) "A single-camera coupled PTV-LIF technique". Experiments in Fluids, vol.31, no. 1., pp.63-73.
- Chang, K.-A., Cowen, E.A., Liao , Q., Zarruk, G.A. (2000) "Simultaneous velocity and concentration fields in a turbulent round jet". Journal of Visualization, vol.3, no.2., frontispiece.