- Adjunct Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Research Scientist and Engineer
- PhD, Civil Engineering and Material Sciences, Belgorod State Technological University, Russia
- MS, Material Sciences and Nanotechnologies, Belgorod State Technological University, Russia
- BS, Civil Engineering and Material Sciences, Belgorod State Technological University, Russia
Dr. Marina Kozhukhova has more than 10 years of professional, academic, and research experience in industrial waste management, and off‐spec materials utilization as well as the development of energy-efficient, eco‐friendly, sustainable materials and technologies in construction sector. She has a considerable experience working on projects related to cement-based and zero-cement concrete; hydrophobic materials and coatings; industrial waste and by‐products such as bottom ash, coal fly ash for construction and building applications.
- Hydrophobic materials, coatings and paints
- Concrete durability
- Hydraulic and zero-cement binders
- Geopolymers and alkali-activated materials
- Combustion products utilization
- Nanomaterials and nanotechnologies
Awards, Honors and Societies
- Voting member of the ACI committee 523 Cellular Concrete
- Associate member of the ACI committee 236 Material Science of Concrete
- Associate member of the ACI committee 241 Nanotechnology of Concrete
- Member of The American Ceramic Society
- Member Russian Mineralogical Society
- Member of Russian Voluntary Society of ‘Young Innovative Russia’ (2010 – 2012)
- Member of The International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, Systems and Structures RILEM (August 2017- 2019)
Books and book chapters
- Sobolev K., Kozhukhova M., Sideris K., Menéndez E. and Santhanam M., Alternative Supplementary Cementitious Materials, in “Properties of Fresh and Hardened Concrete Containing Supplementary Cementitious Materials,” RILEM, 2018.
- M. Kozhukhova, K. Sobolev. V. Strokova. Superhydrophobic and Icephobic Coating for Concrete. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany. 2016. 145 pp.
Relevant articles in journals and conference proceedings
- MI Vasilenko, MS Lebedev, EN Goncharova, NI Kozhukhova, MI Kozhukhova ‘The study of ecological impact of fly ash-based geopolymer binders on soil and aquatic biota’ / IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2020, Vol. 791(1), 012049.
- M Kozhukhova, R Wittenberg, K Sobolev ‘Green Cementitious Systems Based on Off-spec Fly Ash’ / International RILEM Workshop on Concrete Durability and Service Life Planning (ConcreteLife), 2020, 104-108.
- Lanka S., Alexandrova E., Kozhukhova M., Hasan Md. S., Nosonovsky M., Sobolev K ‘Tribological and wetting properties of TiO2 based hydrophobic coatings for ceramics’/ Journal of Tribology, 2019, Vol. 141 (10).
- NI Kozhukhova, A Yu Teslya, MI Kozhukhova, IV Zhernovsky, SN Yermak, Yu N Ogurtsova ‘In-service performance of hybrid geopolymer binders-based class F fly ash’ / IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 2019, Vol. 552(1), 012035
- Ismael Flores-Vivian, Rani Pradoto, Mohamadreza Moini, Marina Kozhukhova, Vadim Potapov, Konstantin Sobolev ‘The Effect of SiO2 Nanoparticles Derived from Hydrothermal Solutions on the Performance of Portland Cement Based Materials’ / Frontiers of Structural and Civil Engineering Journal, 2017, 1-10.
- Rahul Ramachandran, Marina Kozhukhova, Konstantin Sobolev and Michael Nosonovsky ‘Anti-Icing Superhydrophobic Surfaces: Controlling Entropic Molecular Interactions to Design Novel Icephobic Concrete’/ Entropy 2016, 18(4), 132.
- V Strokova, I Zhernovsky, Y Ogurtsova, A Maksakov, M Kozhukhova, K Sobolev 'Artificial aggregates based on granulated reactive silica powders' / Advanced Powder Technology Journal, 2014, 3 (25), 1076–1081.
- I Flores-Vivian, V Hejazi, MI Kozhukhova, M Nosonovsky, K Sobolev ‘Self-assembling particle-siloxane coatings for superhydrophobic concrete’// ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2013, 5 (24), 13284–13294.