Andrew Graettinger, PhD
- PhD, 1998, Civil Engineering, Northwestern University
- MS, 1994, Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- BA, 1989, Geography, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee
As associate dean of research, Dr. Graettinger continues to build on UWM’s R1 status and the college’s work to advance the frontier of technology, enhance the economic growth and vitality of the region and provide world-class research opportunities and experience for our students. Before beginning his role here, Dr. Graettinger served as professor and director of graduate programs at the University of Alabama’s Department of Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering.
Dr. Graettinger has worked on nearly $10 million in funded research focused on applying geographic information system technology to solve complex spatial problems in the field of civil engineering. His most recent research projects include those that looked at the correlation of dissimilar data both vertically and horizontally within agencies, the development of tools to accurately collect infrastructure characteristics, and the handling of big data sets containing both time and space elements.
- 3D printing
- Sustainability in geotechnical engineering
- Community resilience after extreme events