Hector Bravo, Ph.D.
Professor, Department Chair
Civil & Environmental Engineering
To learn more about Dr. Hector Bravo, visit his website.
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Iowa, 1989
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Colorado State University, 1982
- Civil Engineer, National University of Cordoba, Argentina, 1975
- Hydrodynamic modeling.
- Transport of pollutants and heat in surface water and groundwater.
- Two-phase flows.
- Spectral analysis of hydrologic time series and climate variability.
- Bravo, H.R., and S.C. Jain, 1991. Flow fields in lower lock approaches induced by hydroplant releases, Journal of Waterways, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, 117(4): 369-389.
- Bravo, H.R., Krajewski, W.F. and Holly, F.M. Jr., 1993. State space model for river temperature prediction, Water Resources Research, Vol. 29, No. 5, p. 1457-66.
- Bravo, H.R. and Holly, F.M. Jr., 1996. Turbulence model for depth-averaged flows in navigation installations, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 122, No. 12, pp. 718-727.
- Bravo, H.R., 1997. Modeling DO conditions in streams using Lagrangian advection method, Journal of Hydraulic Research, Vol. 5, pp. 643-658.
- Bravo, H.R. and Brown, G.H., 1997. 3-D modeling the groundwater hydrology of a wetland, Advances in Environmental Research 2(2), 153-166.
- Bravo, H. R. and Zheng, Y.-H., 1999. Free-surface models of turbulent flow over sand dunes, International Journal of Applied Science and Computations, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 207-219.
- Bravo, H. R. and Y.-H. Zheng, 2000. Turbulent Flow Over a Step with Rounded Edges: Experimental and Numerical Study, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 126, No. 1, pp. 82-85, http://ascelibrary.aip.org/getpdf/servlet/GetPDFServlet?filetype=pdf&id=JHEND8000126000001000082000001&idtype=cvips.
- Bravo, H.R., 2001. A First Course in Fluid Mechanics for Civil Engineers by Donald D. Gray, Book Review. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 127, No. 1, pp. 88-89.
- Bravo H. R., F. Jiang, and R. J. Hunt (2002), Using groundwater temperature data to constrain parameter estimation in a groundwater flow model of a wetland system, Water Resources Research, 38 (8), 1153, doi:10.1029/2000WR000172.
- Rodriguez A, Brea D, Farias D, Bravo HR, Castello E, Hillman G, Weber J, Pagot M, and Spalletti P, 2003. Hydraulic analyses for a new bridge over the Parana River, Argentina, International Journal of Sediment Research, 18 (2), 166-175, http://www.waser.cn/journal/full%20text/2003-2/10.pdf.
- Namdar G. R., Bravo H. R., Identification of Groundwater Discharge and Recharge Sites through Temperature Time Series Analysis, Hydrological Science and Technology, Vol. 21, 2005.
- Bravo, H.R, Gulliver, J.S. and Hondzo, M., 2007. Development of a commercial code-based two-fluid model for bubble plumes, Environmental Modelling and Software, Volume 22, Issue 4, Pages 536-547, doi:10.1016/j.envsoft.2006.02.009.
- Stack, D. and Bravo, H.R., 2008. Flow Separation Behind Ellipses at Reynolds Numbers less than 10, Applied Mathematical Modelling, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2008.02.016.
- Namdar-Ghanbari, R. and Bravo, H.R., 2008. Coherence between atmospheric teleconnections, Great Lakes water levels, and regional climate, Advances in Water Resources, 10.1016/j.advwatres.2008.05.002.