Robert Balmer, Sc. D.
Balmer is the author of more than 60 articles on a variety of engineering and pedagogical topics. His current research includes mathematical modeling of complex fluids, the study of electrostatic energy generation in moving dielectric materials, and the study of postmodern educational paradigms. He is the author of two engineering textbooks.
- University of Michigan Mechanical Engineering BSE, 1961
- University of Michigan Engineering Mathematics BSE, 1964
- University of Michigan Mechanical Engineering MSE, 1963
- University of Virginia Mechanical Engineering SCD, 1968
- University of Naples, Italy NATO Visiting Professor 1968 – 1969
- Electrostatic charge generation in flowing dielectric fluids
Honors and Awards:
- Tau Beta Pi and Pi Tau Sigma Engineering Honor Societies
- Sigma Xi
- Society of Automotive Engineers Teetor Award
- Outstanding Educator of America, 1975
- CEAS Outstanding Instructor Award, 1971, 72, 88
- UWM Mortar Board Last Lecture Series Speaker, 1984
- Who's Who in the Midwest: 20-22nd eds., 1986, 87, 88
- Who's Who in Technology Today, 5th and 6th ed., 1987, 88
- ASEE 1991 Meriam/Wiley Distinguished Author Award
Author of over 60 articles on a variety of engineering and pedagogical topics, and published an engineering Thermodynamics textbook (Elsevier, 2011) and is co-author of a freshman Exploring Engineering textbook (Elsevier, 2006).
Board of Directors - Engineers and Scientists of Milwaukee.