- Adjunct Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering
- Regional Technology Manager-Power Electronics, Eaton Research Lab
Regional Technology Manager-Power Electronics at Eaton Research Lab located in Menomonee Falls, WI. Prior to joining Eaton in 2019, Omar spent 2 years as a principle engineer at DRS and 12 years as a senior engineering specialist at Caterpillar.
- PhD, Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics and Electrical Machines), University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 2010
- MS, Electrical Engineering (Signals and Systems), University of Detroit Mercy, 2004
- BEE, Electrical Engineering (Industrial Automation), Palestine Polytechnic University, 2000
- Electrification and hybridization of off-road vehicles
- Traction inverters
- Energy storage systems
- Electric motor drives
- Omar. J. Abdul-Baqi, M.G. Mehrabi and Sandra A. Yost, Application of Sensitivity Theory to Performance Analysis of Feed-drive System of CNC Machines. NAMRC 2005.
- Omar J. Abdel-Baqi and Adel Nasiri, A Dynamic LVRT Solution for Doubly Fed Induction Generators. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 25, NO. 1, JANUARY 2010.
- Omar J. Abdel-Baqi and Adel Nasiri, Series Voltage Compensation for DFIG Wind Turbine Low Voltage Ride Through Solution. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENERGY CONVERSION, VOL. 26, NO. 1, MARCH 2011.
- Omar Abdel-Baqi, Ali Esmaili, and Adel Nasiri, Digital Control of a Three-Phase Series Converter for DFIG Wind Turbine Low Voltage Ride-Through Solution. IEEE APPLIED POWER ELECTRONICS CONFERENCE AND EXPOSITION (APEC), 2011 TWENTY-SIXTH ANNUAL.
- Ali Esmaili, Bora Novakovic, Adel Nasiri, and Omar Abdel-Baqi, A Hybrid System of LiION capacitor and Flow Battery for Dynamic Wind Energy Support. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS, VOL.49, NO 4, JULY/AUGAST 2013.
- Omar Abdel-baqi, Oral Only: Dynamic Performance Improvement and Peak Power Limiting using High-Power Ultra-Capacitor Systems for Hydraulic Mining Shovels. ADVANCED AUTOMOTIVE BATTERY CONFERENCE, FEBRUARY 3-7, 2014, ATLANTA, GEORGIA.
- Omar Abdel-baqi, Tutorial: Design and Implementation of an Electrohydraulic Hybrid Mining Shovel. 3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RENEWABLE ENERGY RESEARCH AND APPLICATIONS, MILWAUKE, OCTOBER 19-22, 2014.
- Omar Abdel-baqi, Adel Nasiri, and Peter Miller, Dynamic Performance Improvement and Peak Power Limiting Using Ultracapacitor Storage System for Hydraulic Mining Shovels. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS, VOL. 62, NO. 5, MAY 2015.
- Ali Yousef, Adel Nasiri, and Omar Abdel-baqi, Wind turbine level energy storage for low voltage ride through (LVRT) support. POWER ELECTRONICS AND MACHINES FOR WIND AND WATER APPLICATIONS (PEMWA), 2014, IEEE SYMPOSIUM.
- Omar Abdel-baqi, Adel Nasiri, Energy Management for an 8000HP Hybrid Hydraulic Mining Shovel. IEEE TRANSPORTATION ELECTRIFICATION CONFERENCE& EXPO (ITEC’15)
- Omar Abdel-baqi, Michael Onsager, and Peter Miller, The Effect of Available Short Circuit Capacity and Trail Cable Length on Substation Voltage Amplification in Surface Excavation Industry. IEEE INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS SOCIETY ANNUAL MEETING 2015.
- Omar Abdel-baqi, Oral Only: Dynamic Performance Improvement and Peak Power Limiting UsingHigh Power Ultracapacitor System for Hydraulic Mining Shovels. SAE 2015 COMMERCIAL VEHICLE ENGINEERING CONGRESS
- Abdel-baqi, A. Nasiri, P. Miller, J. Helfrich,”Energy system for heavy equipment”. Application No. 20120086220, April 2012.
- Omar Jawdat Abdel-baqi, Peter J. Miller, “System and method for controlling power in machine having hydraulic devices”. Application No. US20160145833A1, May 2016.
- Lukas C. Voda, Eric M. Boman, Peter J. Miller, Robert Weber, Omar Abdel-baqi, ”System for determining a position of a component”. Application No. US201600160472A1, June 2016.
- Omar Jawadt Abdel-baqi, “Fault Control System in Machine”. Filed: May 2016.
- Omar Jawdat Abdel-baqi, “Powertrain Operation and Regulation”. Filed: August 2016.