2020 Milwaukee Engineering Research Conference (MERC): Leading with Innovation & Entrepreneurship
This conference will be co-hosted by the UWM College of Engineering & Applied Science and the Lubar Entrepreneurship Center at UWM’s Student Union (2200 E. Kenwood Blvd., Milwaukee) on Thursday, February 27 and Friday, February 28.
Learn more about the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship at the college and the university. This signature event brings together federal agencies, industry and academia for technical discussions around the nation’s research enterprise. We’ll do deep dives around today’s critical topics, which include water, energy, big data and more.
Featured Speakers Include:
- Brand Cheng, CEO, Foxconn Industrial Internet
- Missy Hughes, named CEO and Secretary of Wisconsin’s flagship economic development agency, WEDC, by Gov. Tony Evers, earlier this year
- Peter Faguy, Vehicle Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy
- Tom Still, President, Wisconsin Technology Council
- Y. Jeffrey Yang, Senior Scientist and Advisor in EPA’s National Risk Management Research Laboratory
- Keri McConnell, Executive Director, Northwestern Mutual Data Science Institute
- Brian Thompson, President, UWM Research Foundation and Director, Lubar Entrepreneurship Center
Includes conference admission, CDUs/PDHs, daily continental breakfast and catered lunch PLUS Thursday networking reception and tours of the new Lubar Entrepreneurship Center.
- General Admission: $69
- Student Admission: $29
It was beneficial . . . to have learned the information I did on the industry trends, as well as make powerful networking connections.
– 2019 MERC Attendee
- Continuing Education Units (CEU)/Professional Development Hours (PDH): Available for attending this conference. Contact Wendy Pero at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Registration Deadline: Monday, February 24, 2020 at 6 pm Central Time.