Foxconn Day at UWM
September 17, 9 am – 5pm
UWM Student Union, Wisconsin Room
In June, 2018, Foxconn partnered with UWM to pilot their first international co-op program in Wisconsin. As a next step, UWM will host Foxconn Day at UWM, a career fair open to students and the general public.
Foxconn seeks engineers, computer scientists and talent from many business disciplines as they launch the first liquid crystal display (LCD) manufacturing facility in North America, located south of Milwaukee in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin. It is the only Foxconn facility of its kind globally located outside of Asia. When completed, it will become one of the largest manufacturing campuses in the world.
Who Foxconn Is
Foxconn is the global leader in manufacturing services for the computer, communication and consumer electronics (3C) industry – championing innovation that touches the daily lives of people around the world. Headquartered in Taiwan, Foxconn helps build products for many of the leading U.S. and international brands and household names in electronics. Foxconn also contributes to the development of a vibrant global AI 8K + 5G ecosystem, which is supported by the company’s vertically integrated “silicon to solution” portfolio and supply chain, to deliver intelligent display technology and solutions for use in all aspects of smart lives.
Foxconn generated total annual revenue of $158 billion in 2017 and was ranked number 24 in Fortune 500 in 2018.
Foxconn also is a leader in research and development, focusing on fields of nanotechnology, heat transfer, wireless connectivity, material sciences, and green manufacturing process. The company has several research centers and testing laboratories and has received more than 55,000 patents worldwide.
Who Foxconn is Looking For
They seek candidates who:
- Are interested in continuous development and learning opportunities.
- Have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Can multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Enjoy the challenge of performing in a start-up environment.
- Desire to be at the forefront of the next industrial revolution.
And they can provide:
- While there will be a mix of employment opportunities, the majority of their employees in Wisconsin will be knowledge workers focused on high-value production assignments and research and development.
- Intensive skills-based training and development to provide you with the necessary tools to be successful in their unique and cutting-edge environment.
- An opportunity to advance your career and provide vital contributions to the future of the AI 8K + 5G ecosystem.
UWM students and members of the general public are welcome to drop in when convenient. Members of the various Foxconn hiring units will be available to speak with attendees. You’ll have the opportunity to see technology displays. Suggested attire would be appropriate for a potential video interview opportunity.
There will be presentations throughout the day, featuring:
- 9:30 am: The new UWM Foxconn International Engineering Co-op program for UWM College of Engineering & Applied Science students
- 10:30 am: Advanced Engineering
- 11:30 am: Alan Yeung, Foxconn Director of U.S. Strategic Initiatives; Mark Mone, UWM Chancellor
- 12:30 pm: Advanced Engineering
- 1:30 pm: The new UWM Foxconn International Engineering Co-op program for UWM College of Engineering & Applied Science students
- 2:30 pm: Smart Cities – Smart Futures
- 3:30 pm: Foxconn Industrial Internet
- 4:30 pm: The new UWM Foxconn International Engineering Co-op program for UWM College of Engineering & Applied Science students
PLUS: Five lucky students who attend could win a 42″ TV!
Director, UWM College of Engineering & Applied Science Career Services