Fall 2020 Reopening:
–Message from Dean Peters
–Who to Contact? (Scroll Down)
A Message from the Dean of the College of Engineering & Applied Science:
July 8, 2020
Dear UW-Milwaukee Engineering Community:
With the commitment to UWM reopening for Fall 2020, our attention is focused squarely on the opportunities and challenges ahead. I am proud of the work of our faculty, staff and students in reacting to the abrupt changes we experienced this spring. Demonstrating innovation and creativity, patience and understanding, they did a remarkable job in support of our academic and research missions.
We witness this same Milwaukee Engineer mindset as we advance toward fall. As the planning progresses, what has been most impressive is the thoughtful consideration, collaboration and clarity of communication in evidence as we work across the college and campus to assure the safety of our UWM community.
In tandem with the face-to-face and hybrid course options, I am heartened by the commitment of our college’s faculty to also offer as much coursework as possible entirely online, providing our students maximum flexibility in achieving their goals. We are committed to pursuing our academic and research mission while keeping the safety of our students, faculty and staff front and center. We are also building flexibility and alternative options into our planning to assure that we can adapt, should we need, with minimal disruption.
Our commitment to maintaining our status as the region’s premier research university is unwavering. Our college’s researchers have redoubled their efforts, even while working remotely and have pursued and won additional NSF, NIH and other federal grants, including those that address COVID-19. These activities are the first priority in the carefully considered reopening plan for campus.
There are many details forthcoming as we work in preparation for a safe reopening.
For the most up-to-date information on our fall semester plans, visit the UWM Fall 2020 Reopening website. Please see below for resources to assist you, specific to our college.
Stay safe. Thank you for your support.
Brett Peters, Dean
UWM College of Engineering & Applied Science
College of Engineering & Applied Science Resources
We are here to support and assist you, via multiple platforms.
- Our offices may be physically closed, but our advisors are ready to address your questions, concerns, enrollment and course planning, via phone, video or email.
- Please continue to schedule appointments via navigate; you may also email your advisor directly with specific questions. You can expect a response within 24 hours.
- The Graduate Programs Office in the college will have limited in-person hours this semester: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. To make an appointment contact:
- Betty Warras: firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-229-6169
- Therese Crary: email@example.com or 414-229-7267
- Masks must be worn and social distancing must be observed.
- New for Fall 2020, our college will host two virtual career fairs (October 2 for all engineering and computer science majors; October 9 for Civil and Environmental Engineering majors).
- Please contact Juli Pickering, Career Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for internship, co-op, and career-related questions or to schedule a virtual appointment.
Prospective and Admitted Students:
We’re here to help you navigate the process so that you can make your best decision.
Schedule an Information Session!
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, UWM is offering limited in-person campus tours and an array of virtual visit options. Explore your options and learn more.
- Undergraduate Engineering & Computer Science Options:
- Live, Virtual Engineering and Computer Science sessions for undergraduates: Tuesdays, 4-5 pm. Speak with an academic advisor to explore the majors offered within the College of Engineering & Applied Science; topics may include admission, scholarships, course offerings and the college’s many opportunities external to the classroom. Register here.
- Recorded Session: available here, any time.
- Meet Milwaukee: A combination of engineering + campus sessions; available select dates in October. Learn more.
- Take a virtual college tour. Get a 360-view of some of our labs and classrooms.
Who to contact?
Our admissions team and academic advisors are available remotely and working to respond as quickly as possible. See below for resources available to you.
Financial Aid: email@example.com
University Housing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate Admissions: email@example.com
- Graduate Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Students: Questions about your admission status, deferrals, or visas: International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) at email@example.com
- If you have questions about the College of Engineering & Applied Science, please contact: