Online education continues to grow, and higher education institutions are looking for professionals who know how to best educate, motivate, and support online students.
At UWM, a national leader in online education, this 15-credit certificate will provide you with a critical, reflective understanding of the research and theory behind online teaching, learning, and student support.
Why Choose Our Program?
- Learn from faculty with deep knowledge and experience in online education and student support.
- Benefit from small class sizes and a completely online format.
- Gain important knowledge and skill-sets to recruit and retain online students, the fastest-growing population in higher education.
- Discover rewarding career opportunities as an online advisor, academic success coach, tutoring coordinator, center manager, adult educator, or other student services personnel.
Check the job titles of ACHEA graduates:
Stay in Touch with Us
We post job announcements and opportunities on our social media.
Program Overview & Requirements
Academic Catalog Requirements Sheet
- Visit the Academic Catalog webpage linked above, then click on the Print Options link in the lower right hand column
- Click the Download Page (PDF) link
- Print or save the condensed program requirements document
2 in 1: Earn A Master’s Degree & Certificate
At the UW-Milwaukee School of Education Department of Administrative Leadership, you can earn a Master’s degree and a certificate, individually or at the same time. These offerings are perfect for anyone looking to advance their career in higher education, adult and continuing education, and for educators in the healthcare field.
Note: You must complete an application (including the application fee) for both programs.
Program Admission Criteria
- You must complete a bachelor’s degree prior to admission, have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average, and declare your intent to pursue the certificate before completing six credits in the certificate sequence.
- If you have a graduate degree, you must have a minimum 3.00 graduate grade point average.
- If you are not already admitted to the Graduate School, you must complete the UWM Graduate School Online Admission Application. Select “Graduate courses for personal/professional enrichment” as your reason for applying.