Mosaic Leadership Academy: Mentors
We are seeking applications from campus leaders to serve as leadership mentors for individuals selected to participate in the inaugural 2022-2023 Mosaic Leadership Academy!
The Mosaic Leadership Academy is designed to create community and leverage campus resources to foster the knowledge, skills, and networks of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) staff and faculty. The overall goal of this academy is to support the promotion and retention of diverse members of UWM’s community by identifying advancement pathways to administrative and academic leadership positions.
If you are selected as an academy mentor, you agree to participate in the following activities over the course of the 2022-2023 academic year. We expect that most activities will be in-person though some may be virtual or have the option to join virtually. Mentors may support up to 3 academy fellows as part of their regular job duties. We anticipate the mentors will spend about 8-10 hours over the course of the academic year supporting their assigned fellows in the activities below.
- Launch/kickoff (including mentor orientation) and culminating celebration
- Serve on or support two campus level leadership panels
- Participate in a group coaching session with academy fellows
- Facilitate one job shadowing session with assigned academy fellow(s) and debrief the experience with fellows (academy fellows will sign a confidentiality agreement)
- Periodic check-ins with your assigned academy fellow(s)
Applications will be reviewed by the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and will be kept confidential. We will use information gathered in the application to guide our planning of academy workshops but will keep all information anonymous and confidential. Questions about the Mosaic Leadership Academy should be directed to Dr. Elizabeth Drame.