UWM aims to provide an environment that enables student learning and provides a safe place for students during the public health emergency caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic. UWM is also guided by public health practices and will promote shared responsibility among all members of the community.
In order to accomplish this, UWM has developed the Panther Community Health and Safety Standards and the Interim COVID Health & Safety Rules. These standards and rules are intended to support the health and safety of members of the UWM community and apply to anyone who is physically present on UWM grounds or campus or participating in a UWM-sponsored activity.
This global pandemic requires that we all prioritize our collective health and safety, and must take extraordinary steps to keep ourselves, our campus, and our community safe.
University resources are available. Please seek assistance for yourself and others during this challenging time.
Panthers Protect Panthers
As a Panther, I will:
- Follow the Panther Community Health and Safety Standards, the Interim COVID Health & Safety Rules, state, local, and federal guidelines and laws relating to COVID-19
- Wear a properly fitting face covering on campus with limited exceptions
- Students unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition or other protected reason should contact the Accessibility Resource Center.
- Wash my hands following CDC recommendations and use hand sanitizer
- Practice physical distancing (staying 6 feet apart from others), in both indoor and outdoor spaces, including when entering and exiting buildings
- Limit the sharing of materials with others in class and shared spaces
- Utilize cleaning supplies to clean shared spaces
- Follow specific guidance on classroom and on-campus shared space seating
- Limit my attendance at large events
- Monitor myself for any symptoms of COVID-19 daily using UWM’s COVID Symptom Monitor
- Contact Norris Health Center or my primary care provider for evaluation of COVID-19 symptoms
- Self-isolate (when I am sick) or self-quarantine (when I have been in contact with someone who is ill) as advised by health, public health and university officials
- Continue to educate myself beyond this training related to prevention and response to COVID-19
- Monitor campus updates on new and updated guidelines and policies
By taking the pledge, I accept responsibility for myself and my actions, will partner with the whole UWM community and its efforts to reduce transmission of COVID-19, and agree to follow the Panther Community Health and Safety Standards.