UWM aims to provide an environment that enables student learning and provides a safe place for students during the public health emergency caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic. UWM is also guided by public health practices and will promote shared responsibility among all members of the community.
In order to accomplish this, UWM has developed the Panther Community Health and Safety Standards and the Interim COVID Health & Safety Rules. These standards and rules are intended to support the health and safety of members of the UWM community and apply to anyone who is physically present on UWM grounds or campus or participating in a UWM-sponsored activity.
This global pandemic requires that we all prioritize our collective health and safety, and must take extraordinary steps to keep ourselves, our campus, and our community safe.
University resources are available. Please seek assistance for yourself and others during this challenging time.
Panthers Protect Panthers
As a Panther, I will:
- Follow the Panther Community Health and Safety Standards, the COVID Health & Safety Rules, and state, local and federal guidelines and laws relating to COVID-19.
- Wear a properly fitting face covering on campus.
- Students unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition or other protected reason should contact the Accessibility Resource Center.
- Wash my hands following CDC recommendations and use hand sanitizer often.
- Practice physical distancing (staying 6 feet apart from others), in both indoor and outdoor spaces, including when entering and exiting buildings.
- Limit the sharing of materials with others in class and shared spaces.
- Use cleaning supplies to clean shared spaces.
- Follow specific guidance on classroom and on-campus shared-space seating.
- Limit my attendance at large events.
- Monitor myself daily for any symptoms of COVID-19 using the COVID-19 Symptom Monitor.
- Contact Norris Health Center or my primary care provider for evaluation of COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you are symptomatic, contact Norris Health Center to schedule a COVID-19 test.
- Self-isolate (when I am sick) or self-quarantine (when I have been in contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive) as advised by health and university officials.
- Follow campus testing requirements.
- Students living in UWM housing must get tested once a week.
- Studings living off campus and coming to any UWM campus at least once per week for class, work or other activities must be tested every other week. Some student employees may be required to get tested more frequently.
- Continue to educate myself beyond this training related to prevention and response to COVID-19.
- Monitor campus updates on new and updated guidelines and policies.