Yes. The university is purchasing personal protective equipment at a central level that will be distributed to any campus department that needs it for essential operations. This program is intended to supplement regular procurement by campus departments by serving as a reserve supply when items are difficult to obtain through regular vendors.
PPE and other supplies being purchased at a central level include:
- Disposable exam gloves
- Safety goggles
- Face shields
- Disposable procedure “surgical” masks
- Disposable gowns
- Respiratory protection (including disposable filtering facepieces, such as those for N95 masks)
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Cloth face coverings/masks
- Disposable disinfectant wipes
- Disinfectant spray bottles
- Physical barriers (plexiglass)
- Social distancing floor markers
If needed, employees can request items through the UWM PPE request form.