The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin has posted a detailed list of internet service providers throughout the state offering free or low-cost internet options in response to the public health emergency. The commission’s guide for residents also includes a map of public Wi-Fi locations across Wisconsin.
The Public Service Commission also has a customer service line at 608-267-3595 to help residents find internet and phone service options, including possible discounts on critical communications services.
UWM Campus Computer Labs are open at the following locations with limited, spaced seating.
Library Learning Commons
- Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: Noon to 5 p.m.
- Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Closed weekends.
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The lab at Bolton 225 is closed. More information can be found at the Campus Computer Labs website.
Remote Labs also are available to students from home for distance learning and increased safety.
In the Milwaukee area, these internet providers offer low-cost internet service. Internet speeds may be limited.
- Spectrum Internet Assist: Call 844-488-8395 or visit Spectrum on the web.
- Comcast Internet Essentials: Call 855-846-8376 for English, 855-765-6995 for Spanish. Website: internetessentials.com.
- Access from AT&T: https://www.att.com/internet/access/
Student technology recommendations
Whether taking classes in person or online, learning activities may include downloading or streaming video lectures, accessing coursework and taking quizzes in Canvas. Please visit this Campus Technology website for recommendations for computer and internet specifications.