If you are vaccinated and are identified as a close contact, then as long as you remain asymptomatic, you can continue teaching your in-person classes. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that vaccinated individuals test 3-5 days after being identified as a close contact.
If you test positive for COVID-19 or are unvaccinated and identified as a close contact with a COVID-positive person, you should:
- Self-report your diagnosis to your supervisor as soon as possible.
- Follow the isolation and quarantine guidelines.
- At the start of the semester, make sure that a back-up instructor has been designated for your class. If you need assistance in finding a back-up instructor, discuss this with your department chair.
- Add the backup instructor in Canvas as an instructor.
- Continue to teach the class if you are teaching an online class and your health situation allows it.
- Communicate with the back-up instructor with a copy to the department chair about the need for them to step in to continue instruction.
- Resume your normal instructional duties, after your isolation/quarantine period.