Here are the standard cleaning procedures in student housing:
- Hand sanitizer stations located in first floor lobbies are checked daily and refilled as needed.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected daily before 9 a.m. Power cleaning with disinfectant cleaners is completed, depending on location and amount of daily use it receives. Restrooms are spot-checked again before noon. Paper and soap products are replenished, trash emptied if needed and obvious messes cleaned up.
- Entrances and public areas are cleaned daily to maintain a clean image for students and staff. Spot-checking is done up to three times again throughout the day. Door handles, push bars, and elevator button are disinfected constantly by a variety of staff on various schedules. Floors are swept, mopped or vacuumed, depending on floor surfaces. Dusting and damp wiping is done as needed. Carpets and floors are refinished during summer recess or as needed due to spills or weather. Security, residence life and custodial staff are all assisting with common area disinfecting.
- All offices in housing facilities are detail cleaned (dust, damp wipe with hospital grade disinfectant, mop and/or vacuum) once a month. Office trash is removed twice a week. Floors are refinished and carpets/chairs are deep cleaned once a year.
- Products used for disinfecting surfaces and floors are “hospital grade” and EPA approved.