Yes. UWM is continuing its partnership with Milwaukee County Transit Services (MCTS) to provide bus passes to students who are enrolled at the main campus in Milwaukee. Students who pay segregated fees are eligible to receive the MCTS bus pass known as U-PASS. The cost of the U-PASS is covered by segregated fees for UWM main campus students. The segregated fee per student for U-PASS has been reduced to $40.60 for the Fall 2020 semester.
Students at UWM’s Waukesha or Washington County campuses are not charged for U-PASS in their segregated fees. However, students from those campuses can purchase an MCTS U-PASS for $50.10 from UWM Transportation Services. Those interested must purchase the pass in person at the Transportation Services office on the Milwaukee campus, located at WG25 of the Student Union.
All returning students with classes on campus had their U-PASS cards activated as of Monday, Aug. 24.
All other students, and those who lost their card, had to complete the U-PASS activation form. Students who had to fill out a form to get a U-PASS card included:
- New students
- Transfer students
- Returning students who are paying segregated fees and only taking online classes this fallStudents who have lost their card can get a replacement for $25.
Students who have lost their card can get a replacement for $25. If you haven’t already filled out a form and/or received a card, note that U-PASS cards will be ready for pickup 48 hours after the form is submitted and can be picked up from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday at the UWM Student Union information desk. It may take up to 96 hours before Milwaukee County Transit System buses recognize new cards.
For additional information, contact Transportation Services by email or call 414-229-4000.
MCTS updates and guidelines
Here is a summary of service updates and health and safety guidelines from MCTS’ COVID-19 page:
- Masks or face coverings are now required on all buses.
- The passenger limit is 15 people on a bus at any given time.
- MCTS has resumed fare collection and front-door boarding on all buses.
- Buses that run Monday to Friday run on a regular weekday schedule, with the exception of Freeway Flyers, UBuses, and school trips. Weekend schedules remain unchanged.
Please check the MCTS’ COVID-19 page regularly for any changes to service or guidelines during the pandemic.
See also: UWM Transportation Services