Students, faculty and staff considering personal travel are encouraged to follow applicable health and safety guidelines and advised to review the following:
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services COVID-19 travel page: This page provides information about travel within the state of Wisconsin and is updated frequently regarding self-quarantine recommendations by the state health department. We are obligated to follow the state guidelines, which are as follows:
- If you’ve traveled within the U.S., you should check yourself for symptoms and limit your exposure to others outside of your home as much as possible for 14 days following your return.
- All international travelers arriving into the U.S. should stay home for 14 days after their arrival. At home, they are expected to monitor their health and practice physical distancing. To protect the health of others, these travelers should not go to work or school for 14 days.
- Please note that this should not bar international students from moving into a residence hall space, nor will the University Housing staff restrict or monitor movement.
Please also review the following:
- Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 travel page: CDC guidance includes details related to travel in the United States and international travel, with specific FAQs. The City of Milwaukee Health Department recommends following CDC guidance related to travel.
- U.S. Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs travel guidance
It is also advisable to check your destination’s health department travel guidance and health guidance along your route. Plan to keep checking for updates as you travel. The CDC has a list of health departments.
The prohibition on university-sponsored travel has been extended to at least Jan. 1, 2021.