When to Declare
- Ideally, you should declare the minor as soon as possible, in order to take advantage of departmental advising in creating and refining each semester.
- You are welcome to make an advising appointment before becoming eligible to declare, so we may assist you in planning. See below for advising contact info.
Process to Declare the Minor
- Print an unofficial transcript. To do so:
- Log in to PAWS
- Under the yellow Academics header, click in the drop down menu and select Transcript: View Unofficial, then click the yellow arrow button
- Select the Undergraduate or Graduate Transcript and default Output Destination Type (email), then click the Submit Transcript Request button
- A PDF copy will be delivered to your UWM Email Address immediately
- You must request an appointment by email with either the CES Director (email@example.com) or the CES Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please attach your transcript to that email.
- At that appointment, the Director or Coordinator will be able to answer your preliminary questions about the minor.
- You, in turn, will be asked about your background, your current interests, and your long-range plans, so that you may be assigned a departmental faculty advisor qualified to help you create a fulfilling program appropriate to your interests and goals.