Declaring a CES Major

When to Declare

  • Ideally, you should declare the major as soon as possible, in order to take advantage of departmental advising in creating and refining each semester to your own 4 year plan.
  • You are welcome to make an advising appointment before becoming eligible to declare, so we may assist you in planning. See below for advising contact info.

Process to Declare the Major

  • The first step to declare a major in Conservation and Environmental Sciences is to fill out and submit the
    Declaration of Major Form »
  • If you would like an advising session, email the CES Director ( ) and schedule an appointment.
  • Print an unofficial transcript. To do so:
    • Log in to PAWS
    • Under the yellow Academics header, click in the drop down menu and select Transcript: View Unofficial, then click the yellow arrow button
    • Select the Undergraduate or Graduate Transcript and default Output Destination Type (email), then click the Submit Transcript Request button
    • A PDF copy will be delivered to your UWM Email Address immediately
  • At that appointment, the Director will be able to answer your preliminary questions about the major.
  • You, in turn, will be asked about your background, your current interests, and your long-range plans, so that you may be assigned a departmental faculty advisor qualified to help you create a fulfilling program appropriate to your interests and goals.