Declare Your Minor

When to Declare a Minor

Ideally, you should declare the minor as early as possible. That way you can take advantage of program advising in planning the best sequence of upper-level courses.

How to Declare a Comparative Literature Minor

If you are ready to declare a comparative literature minor, fill out and submit the

Declaration of Minor Form »

Initial Advising Appointment to Declare the Minor

The next step is to contact Prof. Jian Xu, the Program Coordinator for Comparative Literature, via email ( You must send the email to discuss the minor. The Program Coordinator will respond via email, and possibly set up a virtual or in-person meeting as well, in order to answer your questions about the minor, including course choices based on your interests and career plans, and to assign you an individual faculty advisor within the program.