The Student Success and Talent Pipeline Initiative is made possible by a $500,000 grant provided by the Department of Workforce Development (DWD). This initiative will be coordinated by UW-Milwaukee in partnership with members of the Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce (MMAC).
The internship program will provide students from diverse backgrounds with opportunities to gain meaningful work experiences. It is designed to build strong connections with business partners and strengthen the talent pipeline in Milwaukee. Corporate partners contribute a $750 participation fee for each intern, whose wage will range between $15-$20/hour and will be paid through the grant. Employers signing the MMAC Region of Choice pledge will be prioritized.
Milwaukee area companies will be provided with best practices and guidance on establishing effective internships through a series of Wisconsin-centric training videos. Additionally, partners will be given an Internship Toolkit and support through UWM. Each spring and fall semester a recruiting and onboarding campaign will occur so that there are multiple points of entry for both students and employers.
Interested Partners should contact Jaclyn Stoczanyn at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and submit an application for the initiative here!
Resources for Partners
- SSTPI Bi-Weekly Timecard – Spring 2023 Schedule
- SSTPI Bi-Weekly Timecard Summer & Fall 2022 Schedule
- SSTPI Bi-Weekly Timecard – Hours Tracking Template
- SSTPI Timecard Submission Process Recording
- SSTPI Partner Training 1 Recording
- Financial Contract
- Position Description Template
- SSTPI Information Session Power Point Slides
- Information Session Recording