The David Mulroy Scholarship* for the Study of Classics Abroad
One award of up to $10,000 to study Classics in Greece or Italy during Summer or Fall 2020
The winning applicant will select a study abroad program in consultation with the Classics Program faculty. Students should expect to commit at least 3 weeks to a study abroad program.
At the time of application the applicant must:
- Have declared a Classics Major (concentrating in Classical Civilization, Greek, or Latin) at UWM
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in all coursework and a minimum 3.0 GPA for Classics courses.
- Preference will be given to students who have completed, or are enrolled in, at least one Greek or Latin language course at UWM.
What Applicants Should Submit
Applicants should submit the following:
- A current UWM transcript
- A short essay of at least 300 words explaining how they hope to benefit from study abroad.
- The name of a UWM faculty member who can serve as a reference.
Application Deadline: November 18, 2019
Please submit applications by email attachment to:
Elisabetta Cova, Classics Program Coordinator
Department of Foreign Language and Literature
* The scholarship is so named at the request of the anonymous donor.