LGBT History Month is October in the US, and to celebrate we are honoring LGBTQ+ communities of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Cuba has a new family code that legalizes same-sex marriage
- Meet La La Liu, a queer Dominican-Chinese Marvel superhero
- Last year, two Trans women made Mexican history by being the first elected to Congress
- In the Zapotec community of Tehuantepec, NYT has a photo essay about the Muxe gender
- Vice has a piece on being gay in the Salvadoran gang, MS13, and documentary
- The Transgender Law Center has the Black LGBTQIA+ Migrant Project to help migrants who may be Afro-Latinx, Garifuna, or from other Black communities
- Amelio Robles, a Zapatista colonel in the Mexican Revolution, was one of the first trans figures in Latin American history