The WHSMUN Panthers Abroad Fellowship accepting applications! ***Deadline Extended to May 24th!***
In celebration of the 50th conference we are excited to share details about the WHSMUN Panthers Abroad Fellowship announced by UWM’s Provost, Johannes Britz, at the closing ceremonies of this years conference. Please see below for more details.
- Only WHSMUN 2019 Participants
- Graduating high school seniors who have applied to UW-Milwaukee (UWM) by the time of submitted fellowship application and have enrolled and/or plan to enroll in Fall 2019
Application Deadline and Process:
- Completed application and letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, administrator or youth coordinator must be received by April 30th.
- The application and letter of recommendation can be submitted together or separately
- Please submit to Dina Wolf either via e-mail at email@example.com, facsimile at 414-229-3750 or U.S. Mail to Attn: Dina Wolf, Institute of World Affairs, UW-Milwaukee, P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201
- An application will not be considered for the fellowship if any section is incomplete including receipt of the letter of recommendation
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail when your application is received
Requirements if awarded one of the ten $2000 fellowships:
- Funds must be used for a study abroad program, exchange program, and/or international internship
- Funds must be used within four years of the fellow’s first semester of classes at UWM (expiration date would be May 2023)
- All fellows are expected to participate in one globally-focused service activity while at UWM
For any additional questions about the fellowship please contact Dina directly via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, (414) 229-3312
***Our next WHSMUN will be Thursday, March 19 – Friday, March 20, 2020***
WHSMUN is a two-day conference offering high school students a rewarding and challenging opportunity to learn about foreign policy and gain experience in the skills of international diplomacy through simulations of real-world issues impacting individuals, families, and communities in member-states being discussed at the United Nations.
If you are experienced or have never participated in Model UN before, there is a place for you at WHSMUN!
General Conference Information:
The WHSMUN 2019 Delegate Agenda is a great way to see a brief snapshot of the conference.
General Assembly(GA) Main Committee and Special Council Background Guides:
Background guides will give a brief overview of the issue and some guiding questions to consider. They are meant to be a starting place for delegates to begin their research but are by no means comprehensive and inclusive of all of the information on that particular issue. This allows for great research skill building as well as the flexibility for addressing each issue generally and then specifically as it pertains to the country the delegates are representing.
Please click on special council guides to access the issues and background guides.
Position Papers: The deadline for GA, and UNEA position papers to be considered for an award is March 1, 2019. The deadline for Special Council position papers is extended to March 8, 2019. Additionally to be considered for an award papers must be properly formatted as outlined in the below Position Paper Overview: Research and Writing Guide.
Please click on POSITION PAPERS to upload your papers. The username and password is being sent to your advisers.
Delegate Resources and Useful Tools:
- Position Paper Writing and Research Guide – Please reference this guide for the correct format for position papers to be considered for awards.
- Research Graphic Organizer
- Research Sources Guide
Resolution Writing Resources:
- Drafting a Resolution Guide
- Procedure for Passing and Amending a Resolution
- Examples of Phrases for Pre-ambulatory and Operative Clauses
Parliamentary Procedure Resources:
- WHSMUN Parliamentary Rules and Procedures – Updated 3/15/16
- WHSMUN Parliamentary Procedure Short Forms
If you are interested in the conference or have questions, please contact WHSMUN Coordinator, Dina Wolf, by e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: (414) 229-3312 (Direct Line) or WHSMUN 2019 Secretary-General, Sara Fox, at firstname.lastname@example.org.