In fall 2020, Chancellor Mone and Provost Britz charged the 2030+ Think Tank work group to examine how UWM can position itself for decades of continued success. They used a thoughtful process with input from faculty, students, staff, stakeholders, and outside resource experts to produce recommendations that will serve as a road map of proactive innovation.
The 2030+ Think Tank work group sent its final report of recommendations to campus leadership in summer 2020. Chancellor Mone and Provost Britz have thanked the 2030+ Think Tank work group for their comprehensive and thoughtful report and have accepted their recommendations.
In fall 2020, Chancellor Mone and Provost Britz charged a new group, 2030 Implementation Team, to develop specific action steps for each of the four prioritized recommendations
- Make a full-scale revision of the undergraduate student experience as well as developing forward-facing core competencies that will make a UWM education distinctive. This will also include optimizing the student experience of UWM services and leveraging technology to maximize flexibility for students’ preferred learning pathways.
- Make UWM a radically welcoming and engaging institution for all students, including automatic acceptance for all Milwaukee graduates. This includes reducing financial barriers for students in need, incentivizing high-achieving students to attend UWM, and changing the culture of UWM to embrace a diversity, equity and inclusivity mindset among faculty, staff, and administration.
- Conduct top tier research:
- Expand collaborative and interdisciplinary scholarship and graduate programs.
- Infuse entrepreneurship, design thinking, and data science into faculty research and graduate and undergraduate education.
- Strengthen sustaining partnerships with community, industry and other academic institutions.
- Optimize faculty workforce deployment.
- Realign the administrative structure and program array that includes evaluation of the structure of Colleges and Schools.
2030 Implementation Team Information (Starting in Fall 2020)
- 2030 Implementation Team Charge
- 2030 Implementation Team Membership
- How Were the 2030 Implementation Team Members Chosen?
- 2030 Campus Message Update (Nov. 5, 2020)
- 2030 Campus Message Update (Nov. 19, 2020)
- 2030 Campus Message Update (Dec. 3, 2020)
- 2030 Campus Message Update (Jan. 6, 2020)
2030 Implementation Team Meeting Materials (Starting in Fall 2020)
- 2030 Implementation Team: Radically Welcoming Subgroup
- 2030 Implementation Team: School/College Restructuring Subgroup
- 2030 Implementation Team: Research Subgroup
- 2030 Implementation Team: RUE Subgroup (Reforming the Undergraduate Experience)
2030+ Think Tank Information, Phase One (Fall 2019 – Summer 2020)
2030+ Think Tank Meeting Materials, Phase One (Fall 2019 – Summer 2020)
- Oct. 23, 2019 Minutes
- Nov. 11, 2019 Minutes
- Dec. 2, 2019 Minutes
- Dec. 16, 2019 Minutes
- Jan. 15, 2020 Minutes
- Jan. 21, 2020 Minutes
- Jan. 24, 2020 Minutes
- Feb. 4, 2020 Minutes
- Feb. 18, 2020 Minutes
- March 3, 2020 Minutes
- March 17, 2020 Minutes
- March 24, 2020 Minutes
- April 14, 2020 Minutes
- April 21, 2020 Minutes
- May 5, 2020 Minutes
- May 26, 2020 Minutes