The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning and the LGBT Resource Center collaboratively offer this three-part LGBTQ+ Inclusivity workshop series and certificate program. The goal of the program is to prepare instructors to responsibly and effectively integrate inclusive teaching practices into their courses. Upon completing the workshop, participants will be prepared to write an inclusive syllabus, assignment, and classroom activity. Our desired outcome is to inform educators who will positively impact student learning and retention, nurture a culture of acceptance, and foster a more inclusive campus.
The workshop goals encourage participants to:
- Become familiar with UWM’s LGBTQ+ people, culture, experiences, identities
- Develop an understanding that LGBTQ+ identities vary
- Define allyship as an ongoing process
- Examine their personal beliefs and how they might inform certain prejudices
- Prepare to responsibly and effectively integrate inclusive teaching practices into their courses
This workshop is open to UWM Faculty, Teaching Academic Staff, and Teaching Assistants.
To register, visit: https://ltcworkshops.org/
Please email Casey O’Brien with any questions: email@example.com
This workshop is partially funded by the Office of the Provost’s Academic Staff Professional Development Award.