Lubar School of Business Fall 2021 Career Fair (Virtual)
September 23 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The Career Fair is an excellent way to make contacts that could lead to an internship or a full-time position. In the current job market, it is especially important for students to make as many contacts as possible with potential employers. The Career Fair offers an excellent opportunity to meet a large number of employers in one afternoon.
In the days ahead you will receive updates from our office regarding employers attending the Career Fair and suggestions for preparing for the event. To start your preparations, make sure your resume is current and presentable. Your profile should be made public along with your resume being attached to your profile. If you have any questions regarding the Career Fair or your resume, please contact the Career Services Center via email at email@example.com.
How to Register and Participate:
- We highly recommend you complete your Handshake profile. Employers view profiles of students who register for their sessions.
- Be sure to set your profile visibility to Community in the Settings and Privacy Section so employers can engage with you during the fair.
Register for the Fair
Access the registration link above for a fair above.
Sign-Up for Employer Sessions
Sign-up as soon as possible, however, check back regularly as employers may add sessions closer to the day of the fair.
Two types of employer sessions:
- 10-minute one-on-one sessions: Only you and the employer. Be prepared for your session – research the company, craft an elevator pitch, reflect on skills to talk about, and have questions to ask the employer.
- 30-minute group sessions: Employers present on their organization and career opportunities. You can ask questions during these sessions.
Before the Fair
- Research companies that you have scheduled sessions with.
- Craft and practice your elevator pitch and update your resume.
- Identify questions to ask the employer.
- Determine what to wear – professional attire recommended!
- Set the scene. Your backdrop should be clean and professional, the lighting appropriate, and the environment distraction-free. Do a test video call with a friend!