UWM’s online employment portal, Handshake, provides you the opportunity to enhance your brand and connect with UWM students and alumni. On Handshake your position is visible to UWM’s 28,000 students and 150,000 alumni, and it is free for employers!
NEW to Handshake? You will need to register for an employer account before posting a position.
Have a Handshake account through another school? Login and request to add University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to your network of schools.
Register for an Employer Account
- Go to Handshake and click “Sign up for an account” on the left side
- Click on the “Employer” button and complete the required information
- Please allow 2-3 business days for account approval and activation.
- You will be able to post positions once your account is activated.
Post a Job or Internship
- Log into Handshake and click “Post a Job”
- Provide the required information – Job Basics, Job Details, and Job Preferences
- Complete the School Selection section – Be sure to select UW-Milwaukee
- Select “Create”
- Your posting will be reviewed by our staff and you will be notified when it is approved. Please allow 2-3 business days for approval.
For questions about procedures for posting jobs or internships
Contact Ashely Hale, Employer Relations Specialist, at 414-229-4486 or email@example.com