The Center for Technology Innovation sponsors a series of day-long workshops on cutting-edge technology issues with nationally-known speakers. Open to the public, the $165 registration fee includes handouts, breaks, lunch, and parking in the UWM Union parking structure. Discounted rate is available for UWM MIS/ITM alumni for $145.
Azure IoT Suite
Friday, October 12, 2018
8:30 am – 4:30pm
Lubar Hall, N333
Workshop presenter, Jon Coons, is a Microsoft IoT Global Black Belt, and has a colorful background, working across many different industries. Jon has inspired, interfaced with and integrated every aspect of the IoT value chain – from chip to cloud. With deep expertise in selling, collaboration, architecting and developing M2M and IoT from early stage concepts to enterprise scale deployments, Jon has been fundamental in driving growth across the IoT Industry. His work at Microsoft has enabled him to work with companies across the globe to find the right solutions to empower those companies to accelerate their digital transformation of their business through IoT in a mobile first, cloud first world.
The Azure IoT Suite is an integrated offering that takes advantage of all the relevant Azure capabilities to connect devices and other assets (i.e. “things”), capture the diverse and voluminous data they generate, integrate and orchestrate the flow of that data, and manage, analyze and present it as usable information to the people who need it to make better decisions as well as intelligently automate operations.
From an audience perspective, they will gain an understanding of the Azure Reference Architecture and the PaaS components which are involved in its makeup. Attendees will also leave with a greater understanding of key security concepts within Azure and IoT in general.
The topics you will learn are:
- IoT Reference Architecture
- IoT Device & Data Security (7 Properties of Highly Secured Devices)
- IoT Data Ingestion using PaaS (Azure IoT Hub)
- Demo – Connect device to IoT Hub to stream data
- Demo – Connect device to Remote Monitoring Solution Accelerator
Recent workshops have included:
- Applications on Kubernetes
- Building Native Mobile Apps with Angular and Typescript
- Microservices Architecture and Design
- Building Evolutionary Architectures
- Test Driven Development in Java using JUnit 5
- Functional Programming in Swift
- Angular 2/4 Hands-on Programming Codecamp
- Six Essential Soft-Skills for the Technology Professional
To automatically receive information on upcoming workshops, please click here to request being added to our mailing list.
The Center also sponsors panel discussions with IT leaders who present their thoughts on topics of interest to the local IT community. Audience participation follows the presentation.
For More Information
Dr. Atish Sinha
Director, Center for Technology Innovation
Professor, Information Technology Management
Lubar Hall N363