The Center for Technology Innovation sponsors a series of day-long workshops on cutting-edge technology issues with nationally-known speakers. Open to the public, the $165 registration fee includes handouts, breaks, lunch, and parking in the UWM Union parking structure. Discounted rate is available for UWM MIS/ITM alumni for $145.
Online – Gleaning Insights from Operational Time Series Data
Friday, May 22, 2020
8:30am – 4:30pm
Workshop presenter, Priya Aswani, is the global Technical lead on IoT at Microsoft. She has worked with some of the largest and most strategic Manufacturing and Energy companies. In her prior life, she worked as a data scientist.
Azure Time Series Insights is a fully managed analytics, storage, and visualization service that makes it simple to explore and analyze billions of IoT events simultaneously. It gives you a global view of your data, which lets you quickly validate your IoT solution and avoid costly downtime to mission-critical devices. You can discover hidden trends, spot anomalies, and conduct root-cause analyses in near real time. This webinar will allow you to understand the business and technical side of Industrial IoT time series insights from a cloud perspective. In addition, understand how to bridge from today to the world of tomorrow.
Who should attend:
Industrial IoT Technologists, Developers.
The topics you will learn are:
- Deep dive: Data retrieval, understanding Time Series Model and Time Series Query (TSQ)
- Deep dive: Data Contextualization, understanding Time Series Model (TSM)
- Deep dive: Batch importing data from existing data sources
- Deep dive: TSI Spark connector – Integrating TSI data into your existing Spark analytics workloads
- Deep dive: IoT data exploration and operational analytics with TSI Explorer
Time Series Model evolution and integration with ADT and PnP
Recent workshops have included:
- Online WebAssembly
- Architecting Cloud Native Applications
- Kubernetes Cloud Native Training
- Enterprise Blockchain
- Cognitive Services & Deep Learning
- Software Architecture Fundamentals
- Build Once, Run Anywhere – with Docker and Dockerfiles
- Hands-On Machine Learning
To automatically receive information on upcoming workshops, please click here to request being added to our mailing list.
The Center also sponsors panel discussions with IT leaders who present their thoughts on topics of interest to the local IT community. Audience participation follows the presentation.
For More Information
Dr. Atish Sinha
Director, Center for Technology Innovation
Professor, Information Technology Management
Lubar Hall N363