Join us at 4 outstanding (and free!) programs in the 2020-21 series!
State of the Economy: Discussion with Wisconsin Business Executives
• John Neis, Executive Managing Director, Venture Investors LLC
• Michael Rogers, Principal (retired), Ernst & Young
• Pete Witte, Associate Director, U.S. Private Equity, Ernst & Young
• Anthony Campagna, Global Director of Fundamental Research, Institutional
• Patricia Dörig, ESG Analyst, Institutional Shareholder Services
• Brian Jacobsen, Senior Investment Strategist, Wells Fargo
• Tobias Levkovich, Chief U.S. Equity Strategist, Citigroup
A discussion with Brian Jacobsen, Senior Investment Strategist at Wells Fargo, and Tobias Levkovich, Chief U.S. Equity Strategist at Citigroup, answered important questions about current macro conditions and financial markets, including:
• Economic recovery is expected in 2021, but a recovery to what?
• How will the vaccine rollout impact the economy?
• Market multiples are high, but are they too high?
• With a world awash in fiscal and monetary stimulus, what’s next for rates and inflation, and what will the impact on the market be?
• Small-cap value has significantly outperformed over the last six months. Is this a start of a multiyear rotation to value, or will growth resume its lead from the past several years?
• Are valuation and sentiment too high, and will 2021 earnings growth be met with muted returns?
• If markets are forward looking, what will the price of the S&P 500 at the end of 2021 say about expectations for 2022?
Defining Markets events have been held since 2011.
Our most recent events include:
Brian Hellmer, Managing Director, Public Equities, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
Matt Rose (moderator), Consultant, Alpha Investment Consulting Group
Jeff deGraaf, Chairman, Renaissance Macro Research LLC
William Delwiche, Managing Director and Investment Strategist, Robert W. Baird & Co.
Mike Roth (moderator), Founding Principal, Stark Investments
IoT: Can It Solve the U.S. Productivity Problem?
David Aho, Director of Engineering, Eaton Corp. Power Systems Division
Joe Mariani, Research Manager, Deloitte Services LP
David Vasko, Director of Advanced Technology, Rockwell Automation
Kathleen Gallagher (moderator), Pulitzer Prize Winning Journalist and Executive-in-Residence, UWM Lubar School of Business
Main Issues Transforming the Global Economy & Health Care
Kathleen Gallagher, (Moderator), Pulitzer Prize winner & Executive-in-Residence, Lubar School of Business
Mike Anderes, (Speaker), Chief Innovation & Digital Officer for Froedtert Health and President of Inception Health
Coreen Dicus-Johnson, (Speaker), President & Chief Executive Officer of Network Health
Catherine Jacobson, (Speaker), President & Chief Executive Officer of Froedtert Health
Brian Pinsker, (Speaker), Healthcare Portfolio Manager/CEO of 11:11 Capital, former head of North American Equities for Proprietary Trading Business of JP Morgan
Investment Strategy Panel
Bob Bukowski, (Moderator), Principal & Senior Consultant, Alpha Investment Consulting Group
Scott Opsal, (Speaker), Director of Equities for Leuthold Weeden Capital Management
Michael Roth, (Speaker), Founding Principal of Stark Investments
Technical Analysis and the VIX as a Market Indicator, November 9, 2016
Philip J. Roth, CMT, Market Technicians Association Educational Foundation
Russell Rhoads, CFA, Director of Education, CBOE Options Institute
Kevin Spellman, CFA, David O. Nicholas Director of Investment Management (Moderator)
Investment Strategy and the Next Boom, October 28, 2015
Dennis DeBusschere, Senior Managing Director, Portfolio Strategy, Evercore ISI
Doug Ramsey, Chief Investment Officer, The Leuthold Group
Jack Plunkett, CEO, Plunkett Research, Ltd.
Joseph Veranth, Chief Investment Officer & Portfolio Manager, Dana Investment Advisors (Moderator)
Investment Strategy, Geopolitics & Strategic Surprise, February 24, 2015
Tobias Levkovich, Managing Director and Chief U.S. Strategist, Citigroup
Francois Trahan, Partner and Investment Strategist, Cornerstone Macro
Dr. Milo Jones, Visiting Professor, IE Business School in Madrid
Joseph Veranth, Chief Investment Officer & Portfolio Manager, Dana Investment Advisors (moderator)
Business Outlook and M&A Capital Use Trends, September 24, 2014
Ted Crandall, Senior Vice President & CFO, Rockwell Automation
Christopher Goller, Regional President, PNC Bank
Ron Miller, Managing Director, Cleary Gull
David Westgate, CEO, Jason Industries
For More Information
Dr. G. Kevin Spellman, CFA
Senior Lecturer, Finance
David O. Nicholas Director of Investment Management
Lubar Hall S442