Investment Professionals: Get involved in the Lubar School’s Investment Management Certificate Program (IMCP), a CFA Institute University Affiliation Program where students work on real portfolios while earning their degrees.
The students learn by doing over an extended curriculum through applied finance opportunities. They learn the role of the sell-side analyst, buy-side analyst, credit analyst, investment banker, performance and risk manager, institutional sales, financial planner, and portfolio manager, and skills necessary for many other roles in finance.
- Work on over $7 million in real portfolios;
- Are trained in a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Affiliation Program (undergraduate IMCP curriculum) where they are prepared for and encouraged to sit for the CFA Level I examination;
- Meet regularly with investment professionals during and outside the classroom;
- Have access to top flight investment analytical tools;
- Work on real projects and participate in competitions; and
- Travel to some of the world’s largest financial centers to learn from people like you.
In 2016, IMCP students placed in the top 11 in the Americas and top 21 in the world out of over 1,000 schools in the CFA Institute’s Research Challenge.
Dr. G. Kevin Spellman, CFA
Senior Lecturer, Finance
David O. Nicholas Director of Investment Management
Lubar Hall S442